Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Lan keeps shutting down!

profile.country.en_GB.title
AronGaur
Visitor

Wireless Lan keeps shutting down!

I have a Vaio Y series and every time i open the lid, and it wakes from sleep the Wireless Lan shuts down. Then i have to open Vaio Smart Network and turn it on and connect. This is very annoying and i hope there is a solution ti fix this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you Google this, you will see it is a very common problem but only affects a small percentage of Windows 7 PCs.

Sadly nobody seems to have a magic answer but there are a few ideas you can try here: -

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/windows-7-wireless-connection-...

Keep us posted as this seems like a configuration problem between your wireless card, Windows 7 and your router settings and compatibility.

Sorry there is no quick fix.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamjones9
Visitor

i have a similar issue. with a sony viao with vista home premium... had it for 4+ years stil doesnt work, never got a reply from sony to even acknowledge this issue that affects thousands of sony customers/// just google sony vaio wirelss, pages of very annoyed customers... i would take it back to  get your money back and buy a non sony machine...youll have less trouble that way