Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Handycam DCE - HC44E

profile.country.sl_SI.title
Sm0ky84
Visitor

Sony Handycam DCE - HC44E

Hello,

I have a problem with my camera model DCE - HC44E. First of all, the problem is with copying recordings from a tape to HDD. When I try to install the drivers and all the necesary programs an error occures  that instalation wizzard/setup programe is not compatible with this system. I tried it with Win Wista and Win.7 I also tried the latest drivers but no luck there. Then I decided to take another approach and I wanted to buy a Memory card Pro DUO because the camera has a slot. The problem was that in the shop they said that this slot was ment more for pictures than video. But I couldnt understand it if he ment that camera doesn't have any function to record the video on a card or that the size of a card needed to be instaled is too big that this model support it. So where is the limit in Gb for Memory stick on this camera and if I cam record video on it. Help me please !!!

THANKS

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

U can use Windows Movie Maker via I link cable which protocol is IEEE1394. On program you go to function chaptering from video device, which is first left in program. On camera set option play-edit.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker?os=winxp

There is free download on internet, if You use Windows 7

There are 4-4 and 4-6 pins I link cable. Sony cameras are always 4 pin, but see DV IN in Your PC. If You do not have DV IN, there are cheap USB - I Link adapters.
Deinstall K-lite and free codec packs.

R

Damac