Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Winter Cashback and Very.co.uk Proof of purchase problems

8jlogan
New

Sony Winter Cashback and Very.co.uk Proof of purchase problems

Recently purchased a 24105g lens from Very.co.uk as it was on offer and included the Sony winter cashback offer. Waited over 30 days and tried to submit my claim, had two emails now from Sony saying they won't accept my proof of purchase despite it having all the relevant information.

They claim it's an order confirmation rather than an invoice, which isn't available from my account on very.co.uk. I've sent the pictures of the lens in my hand, as well as an email from Very confirming the product has been paid.

I have twice now had the following email from Sony:

Thank you for participating in our Sony promotion via our dedicated claim website for product SEL24105G.
While validating your current proof of purchase, we concluded that we cannot accept it as a valid invoice as the document is actually an order confirmation. You receive an order confirmation when you have just ordered your product online. However, this is actually not proving that you paid and received your product. Please contact your retailer to get the real invoice or check your online account.

To allow us to continue with your claim validation, please reply to this e-mail (without changing the e-mail subject) with a new and complete picture of your proof of purchase. Only the following file types are accepted: pdf, jpeg, jpg and png.
Do make sure that the following information is clearly visible:

• date of purchase
  • retailer name
  • purchased product
  • price
  • invoice number

I've been in touch with Very and await a response but has anyone else had experience of this?

Tia

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
olive24
Explorer

Did you have any luck with this? Currently have a similar issue.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey olive24, did you try reaching out Sony support for updates?  It's recommended to call or use the chat feature.