Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S1700 wired internet fail

pixelat0r
New

BDP-S1700 wired internet fail

Please can you help?

Every few weeks this thing drops its wired internet connection for no apparent reason after working fine previously. It tells me a network connection cannot be made and, after running an "auto" setup I get.

Physical Connection : OK

Internet Connection: Failed

I generally try to sneak out of workto ring Sony who tell me it's a known problem, talk me through some manual settings and like magic it works again for a couple more weeks. Problem is I'm so busy putting the settings in I never think to write them down. They can't be router-specific settings as they never ask for details of my router.

The whole thing is now getting very old and I'd love to return this peice of cr@p but I've had it since May 😞 It always happens at weekends when support are closed which doesn't help.

I don't suppose anyone out there knows the magic settings that Sony gives me do you?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am finding out if it is indeed a known problem - as I cant recall others posting about this.  Also, im finding out the steps needed to fix it (at least for a while).  Will post back when I get this information.

Cheers

Eddragon
New

I have just bought this product. It plays DVD through tv no problem but fails to connect to the internet for apps. I have connected by cable to my BT router. The device knows it is connected by cable but reports connection failed. It has never made a connection. What can I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try manually setting a 'static' IP address on the bluray player - its worked for at least 2 others.

See:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35254/

Cheers

Mikeyj63
Explorer

Got the same problem since I moved from BT to Sky broadband router

Tried updating firmware - since no internet, had to get a friend to do so via his broadband.

Changed the ip address, dns and gateway, but still no luck - internet access failed.

Will try the helpline to see if they have any bright ideas

Mikeyj63

Mikeyj63
Explorer

Firmware version - M30.R.0433