Join now - be part of our community!

Bose cinemate 520 & Sony tv KD-55XD9305

Aubarack
Explorer

Bose cinemate 520 & Sony tv KD-55XD9305

Hi all,

Im just wondering what is the best way of connecting my new Sony TV to the bose cinemate 520.

I have read some articles which say that there is a difference in audio quality between HDMI and optical, with the former being better.  Although I understand there isnt much difference when the source is from my sky hd box.

Initially I had connected my PS4 pro, sky hd and aux lead (for my laptop) to the cinemate 520, then had connected that to the tv.  This doesnt take through HDR audio by my understanding.  I know with this setup there is only HDR from the ps4, but I am more asking for future proof going forwards.

This also doesnt allow me to have audio from the intnernal fuction (i.e. youtube) of the tv coming out of the cinemate, unless I am doing something wrong?

The other alternative is to connect everything direct to the tv and have the arc output to the cinemate, similar to how you would have connect the optical output from the tv to the cinemate.  This would render the bose remote redundant as well.

Basically Im just looking for the best way of connecting the two, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated!

Also the hdmi cable that is supplied with the cineamte 520, is that suitbale for arc?

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the manual, the Bose Cinemate 520 does indeed support HDMI-ARC connections as well as the cable supplied, see this pic from manual:

Bose 520 - ARC.jpg

This is how I would have it connected:

• Bose 520 to TV (HDMI-ARC)
  • PS4 Pro directly connected to the TV - and activate "Enhanced Format" in the HDMI settings area for that HDMI port.
  • Connect all other devices to the Bose 520
  • Set the TV Speakers to "Audio System" - this will enable audio from the TV (and apps like YouTube) to output to the Bose 520.
  • Ensure that Bravia Sync is ON on the TV and HDMI-CEC is enabled on the Bose 520

Cheers