Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI soundbar issue

SOLVED
chhalle86
Explorer

HDMI soundbar issue

Newly purchased a Sony 55xd8599 tv and HT390 soundbar. Worked for two days through HDMI. Couldn't get it sorted after without optical connected, Sony sent engineer out TV HDMI port suspected as faulty, replacement new TV arrived. Setup and again worked fine for 5 days this time now AGAIN not working reset both devices still not working.

any ideas welcomed both I contact SONY!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chhalle86
Explorer

Went straight to end suggestions, problem caused by TIVO box needing re-setting. Will see how long it lasts this time.

Surprised Some by did not suggest re-setting TIVO box FIRST since TV did not need re-setting at all. They now have a TV back that probably did not need changing.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It would be highly rare to get two TVs with the exact same problem.  So I am assuming the issue is at your end somewhere.  Can you try going through these instructions and see if it helps:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

chhalle86
Explorer

Went straight to end suggestions, problem caused by TIVO box needing re-setting. Will see how long it lasts this time.

Surprised Some by did not suggest re-setting TIVO box FIRST since TV did not need re-setting at all. They now have a TV back that probably did not need changing.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Glad it was as simple as that.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jocie132
Explorer

I have the KD 65A1 and am having the same issue with a Panasonic Theater audion sound bar.  If you disconnect teverything from the mains, wait one minute then restart, the TV recognises the sound bar, if you turn off and on again, it still recognisses the bar.  However if left for more than approximately 1 hour, the TV then has forgotton the connection and then you have to repeat above.  Not good enough for a £5,000 tv!!

profile.country.GB.title
jocie132
Explorer

I have the same issue. If you disconnect from mains and turn back on the bar works, but the TV forgetts it after one hour, then you have to repeat.  Not good enough for a £5000 tv !!  

profile.country.GB.title
jocie132
Explorer

although shutting down from the mains, this does not solve the ptoblem, because it keeps accuring as soon as the TV is off or on standby for more than appx 1 hour.  You should not have to do this on a TV of this price.  It is not acceptable and I too am extremely anoyed to say the least.

chhalle86
Explorer

Had issues with Virgin often after updates, longest time without having to switch off to completely 2 weeks.

Now with BT only issue is remembering to turn devices off onto standby in correct order. However, both devices message going into standby and therefore still need both controller.

Chris

Sent from my iPad