Join now - be part of our community!

How to turn off Centre Speaker on Sony Surround Sound

Lilrob23
New

How to turn off Centre Speaker on Sony Surround Sound

Hello,

I have a Sony surround sound the model is BDV-E3100,

its not a bad speaker system, not as loud as some other speaker systems I have used in the past but I cant find the answer anywhere, there are a few posts about this speaker system but nothing about what I have put in the title, "How to turn off the centre speaker"

I have disconnect the center speaker  from the system and on apps like youtube etc.. works fine , in my opinion its louder without the centre speaker , the reason why i want to do this is because i want to hear voices better and it does work well without the centre speaker,

but the problem is on some apps or watching Blu ray movies, they require the center speaker so when someone speaks in the flim it will come out blurly if that makes sense and unable to hear them speak but can hear any music or anything else like that in the movie,

i have left everything on default, i have reset the system back to factory, put the DB up just incase in sound settings, 

so is there anyway with this speaker system that allows the centre speaker to be turn off,

on my old one i could turn it off and have the other 4 speakers running fine,

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know this is a VERY late reply, but...

The BDV-E3100 is designed to work as a 5.1 system - hence you cannot turn off individual speakers in the settings.  The speaker (as you currently do) would physically need disconnecting.

A couple of suggestions:

• Try just using "Stereo" audio instead?
  • Try setting the audio "level" of the centre speaker lower, and increase the level of the Left+Right ones?  - unsure if it would really work, but might be worth a shot.  Home > Setup > Audio Settings > Speaker Settings > Levels

Cheers