Join now - be part of our community!

Is it worth bi wiring the STR-DN1060 to front speakers?

kulbhupa
Explorer

Is it worth bi wiring the STR-DN1060 to front speakers?

Just wondered if anyone else has bothered to bi-wire their front speakers in a 5.1 set-up.

I found the sound to be good without bi-wiring then decided to bi-wire them as the wires were already in situ from a previous set-up. I did not notice much improvement really.

Anyone else have any thoughts to share?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have speakers that have two sets of positive and negative terminals, then bi-wiring is generally used for high and low frequency outputs.

Some information:

https://www.richersounds.com/information/tips_biWire

Cheers

kulbhupa
Explorer

Thanks for the response. Actually I understand how to bi-wire them, my
question was really if anyone had noticed if it really made a difference.

Kind Regards,

*Kulvinder *
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome.

Ahh i see - didnt quite understand - but do now.  I have never had bi-wired speakers, so I cannot answer you from experience.  However as they are wired for high/low frequencies, I can imagine it will make a difference, but it would depend entirely on the audio source.  For example, if you wired them for only high audio frequencies and your audio source is also for that, then there will be no difference.  But if your audio source has a mix of both, then you are only hearing the high frequencies.

Also, this is not meant to be offensive - but each persons hearing can be different too, due to whatever damage we do in our lifetime, which 'could' also play a part on why you are not hearing much difference. 

If that makes sense?