Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BDP S6700B Blu-Ray player - Questions about apps and browser etc.

Flemont
New

SONY BDP S6700B Blu-Ray player - Questions about apps and browser etc.

I´m very interested in buying the SONY BDP S6700B Blu-Ray player from 2016 - but I still have some questions:

1) It has a label, that claims it´s "JAVA Powered" and one place I´ve read, that it supports "Flash Player" mode by it´s internet browser? I have a streaming service available needing a "Flash Player" so it would be nice for me to know, if it´s possible to run internet content with Adobe Flash Player support?

2) Which internet browser does this Sony BDP S6700B use? Is it "Opera" or something else?

3) Is it easy to operate with the browser for this player to search for web-info and use homepages and links etc.?

4) Is it possible to install apps/programs with the present internet browser to this player?   

5) Does this Blu-Ray player have some fun games/apps available and already installed besides the 200-300 present apps, which can be used for streaming movies etc. from internet? I think especially about games and fun for both kids (5 and 8 years) and adults as well?

6) Can it run the "Blockbuster" app for streaming movies by using a "Chrome" browser or similiar?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to attempt to answer your questions - but to be honest, you have very specific questions and I think you would benefit mostly by visiting a Sony Store or other retailer and getting a demonstration of the bluray player itself.

• Java Powered - As a guess, this is probably what the operating system or user interface is using.
  • Flash Support - I have never seen this advertised any where.  In general Sony devices do not support flash player. Besides, see below
  • There is no web browser on this model bluray player. See HERE
  • Only apps available via the Opera TV Store can be installed - no others.

There is a review via the AVForums - see HERE

Cheers