Join now - be part of our community!

Can I replace my graphic card on a VGN-FW52TF and if it is possible can I place a nVidia instead?

profile.country.el_GR.title
zeliord
Visitor

Can I replace my graphic card on a VGN-FW52TF and if it is possible can I place a nVidia instead?

I'm having hard time using my VAIO lately. The screen it just wents black while it's making an annoying audio sound forcing me to shut it down manually. Sometimes I am getting a blue error screen with the same sound. I am having these issues after 5 minutes I am opening a game. What I am guessing here is that my Graphic Card is responsible for it. If not please correct me. I have read that is not possible to change a Graphic Card on a laptop since it's integrated on the motherboard as I also read that you can do to few if they are high end. Mine is and that is why I am asking. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi zeliord,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately the graphics chip is soldered to your vaio's mother board so it's not upgradable..:smileysad:

profile.country.el_GR.title
zeliord
Visitor

Hello Thalamus.,

Thanks for the welcoming even if the news were bad :slight_smile:

Are you 100% sure about that? I mean... all Vaio's are like that?

Because I type my VAIO model on google and I see no results.

So I am a bit confused here.

Also I will take advantage of your presence here so to ask something else as well.

I want to format my loptop but I never made those back up disks that I should do.

After that issue I decided to make those disks so to format it.

I placed a DVDR inside and after a while the player stoped responding.

It doesn't working anymore and I couldn't make those disks at all. *Grr*

Is there a work around on that?

I went to Sony site trying to find information about my laptop but the model is not listed at all!

I also made an auto scan but it said that it can't recognize it, something like that.

I'm puzzled.

Regards ^.~