Join now - be part of our community!

Cracked plastic around laptop screen Sony Vaio E14P

profile.country.en_GB.title
OmertaJohn
New

Cracked plastic around laptop screen Sony Vaio E14P

My dog knocked my laptop off my desk at the left hand corner of the laptop, conjoining the screen and the keyboard has cracked and broken. When I open or close the laptop, the resistance of the hinge is causing the plastic around the screen to pull off. The plastic protector for the hinge has broken off, and it's made my laptop a bit of a worry to use incase something happens to the screen, and it's rather ugly. I've emailed sony support, who were useless, as I was looking for a rough price to get it fixed. I don't want to get a new laptop because I got this one for half the price I should have. I bought it in November 2012 so I think my warrenty may be expired. What should I do? Should I go with sony, even though I won't be notifed of charges until it's too late, and then charge me to post my laptop back to me unrepaired. Has anyone else had similar cosmetic damage?

I really appreciate all replies.

And yes, I have tried to superduper glue it together = out of suggestions. 

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - hard to give an accurate quote without actually looking at the machine, but from what you've described, it may just be cosmetic damage rather than anything more serious and so be at the lower end of the cost scale of repairs.

sgdavies

Hi, Sorry to hear about your Sony Problems, yes their support "suck" they should be ashamed of themselves, and it sounds such a simple request to get a quote on repairing it.

Email :-

Cro.en@eu.sony.com

Say you have been trying to get a quote for repair, and the support so far is non existant.

Good luck.

OmertaJohn
New

Okay, yeah it is purely cosmetic. The machine and screen are fine. Does
anyone have any idea about price? Excluding the price of parts obviously,
just the price of the labour, shipping etc. I got quoted by a tech shop for
?180, which is ridiculous to fit a piece of plastic!