Join now - be part of our community!

Digital TV card

profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Digital TV card

I am running a VGC-RA 304CE, I have been watching tv via Vaio Zone and an internal TV card, now that the digital switchover has taken place I need a new card, can anyone recomend a good quality product that will run with Vaio Zone?

Kind regards.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Derek,

I think you are going to find that Vaio Zone is only compatible with the Sony MPEG Realtime Encoder Board providing analogue TV channels.

As soon as Digital TV channels became available, Sony switched to the AverMedia 115S receiver board and changed from Vaio Zone to Windows Media Centre as the installed player.

It depends how often you use your analogue capture inputs for S-Video and Composite Audio/Video. If you use these frequently then Vaio Zone is brilliant and I would consider using an external TV Tuner like those supplied by Hauppage WinTV. This will also be the best option if you want to stick with Windows XP Home.

If you don't need the analogue inputs, then you can fit an internal PCI TV Tuner which will come with its own software or you can upgrade to Windows Media Player.

You can find examples here: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tv+tuner+card&spr...

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Thank you for your most informative reply, very usefull information.