Join now - be part of our community!

Failing Internet Connection

profile.country.el_GR.title
kostij
Visitor

Failing Internet Connection

i have a vpceb1s1e/bj and this started a few days ago.

i would use the computer quite a while and after some time i will get the yellow error sign on my internet WiFi connection, that says my network doesnt have internet access.

Which is false since i am not the only one connected there and the others are fine.

Then if i try to check for another network the system will probably get stuck, so if i try to reboot the laptop i ll have to reset it manually.

I checked every driver for my network adapter there is, it didnt work.

Also i formatted to the factory settings, it didnt work. (It failed a bit after i got some updates)

Im guessing it might be my harddrive which has 1 bad sector btw. What and how can i check further?

My guarantee ends in 2 weeks but i want to make sure its not a software problem before i have to lose my latop even for a few days.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

This isn't a hard drive issue. First, you need to make sure that the wireless router is okay. Try to reboot it first.

Is this WAP located at your house? You also need to make sure that the modem is working because wireless wont work if the modem doesn't. Good luck. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.el_GR.title
kostij
Visitor

thanks for trying to help!

It seems that i can generate this problem by downloading in high speeds (my max is about 400kbps) with a torrent or a software update.

When i was without internet the router signals looked normal and another laptop in the house had no problems whatsoever. Also i checked my Device Manager and everything looked ok. I reset my router after it happened but nothing changed. The original network was removed but i still couldnt do much since the rest was stuck, as was my VAIO Smart Network. Had to restart the laptop again.