Join now - be part of our community!

New Laptop - Battery Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Arwen3105
Visitor

New Laptop - Battery Problem

I have had my laptop about 1 month and when I take the power cable out and run on the battery the time left jumps around from 2 hrs something to 3 hrs something then back down to 2 hrs something then back up and so on.  I have ran the battery down and done a recharge but still got the same problem. (I'm only running 1 program at a time i.e. word, solitaire).

Now here's the real kicker this is the 4th new laptop I have had with this issue.  I had 3 others (another brand) so PC World concluded it was an issue with that brand so sold me a Sony Viao saying that it wouldn't have this problem.

I'm wondering if it's a Windows 7 issue and my brother is wondering if it is a battery issue and that both brands could have got their batteries from the same manufacturer. I'm hoping someone has got some ideas so I've got something either to try with my laptop or to give to PC World to get me a new battery.

I don't really want a replacement laptop because I could still have the same issue and I also had heck of an arguement with Norton getting my account transferred to my new laptop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much.

0 REPLIES 0