Join now - be part of our community!

TNT's Confused Delivery

profile.country.en_GB.title
ayjay82
Visitor

TNT's Confused Delivery

Hi,

I recently ordered a custom spec Vaio SE online. Eventually I was given a delivery date of Tuesday 10th April 2012, and received emails regarding a consignment number and the notice of dispatch from Sony.

I took a day out of work, then on a whim logged onto the TNT site about 1300 that day to find it saying "please call".

I rang TNT who advised me that my laptop was in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, that there was a problem with the paperwork and that Sony needed to clear matters before it was shipped to the UK. Marvellous. I phoned Sony next who told me that there was a backlog in the distribution centre and that it would likely arrive the next day, Wednesday. As it was I had filed a complaint with TNT who called me to say that the problem in Eindhoven was they just couldn't work out where the laptop was, even though they somehow had 2 consignment numbers. Nobody scanned it into the system as it left Sony. The man I spoke to at TNT said he'd call me Wednesday to let me know what's happening.

Wednesday came around and true to his word the TNT man rang me back to say that the item was found, would soon be shipped and should arrive on the Thursday.

So I took the Thursday off work, waited for my parcel. About an hour before it arrived in the afternoon I received a new Sony email saying my item was now on a lorry and would be with me that day. Good job I had called TNT myself as otherwise I wouldn't have been at home! Not only that, Sony themselves had previously said that Wednesday was a likely delivery day thanks to a backlog, when TNT & Sony hadn't sorted the paperwork yet!

Ultimately my question here is who should I write to about this poor communication between Sony and TNT? Also I work freelance on a day rate. Who is going to pay for the 2 days I've missed out on?

Regards

Alex Jevon

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Straight answer is no one will pay you for this. Sorry to break this to you. Just make sure to take measures in the future that this wont happen again. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Message was edited by: nikkilim

Message was edited by: nikkilim