Join now - be part of our community!

TV SideView / Vaio Remote Control for VGP-URM10

cohprog
Explorer

TV SideView / Vaio Remote Control for VGP-URM10

Hello,

I have an USB infra-red adapter (VGP-URM10) for my Vaio Flip. I am supposed to install 2 applications to be able to use it : TV SideView and Vaio Remote Control. But I don't know where to download them from. I can't find them in Windows Store and I can't find a download area on Sony website.

Any idee where to download those software from ?

Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi, it does state that both of these applications should be available to download from the Windows Store but oddly I am ony able to locate TV Sideview application but the links on TV Sideview official site look like a good place to start. 

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi cohprog and welcome.

I think the IR Remore Control update is available from the support page for your model.  Unfortunately, you do not give us your exact Vaio model so I cant give a link but here is the generic driver update dated 18 March 2014: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/preinstalled_drivers_win8_9482/SVF15N2C5E

Is this the TV SideView app you need?

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/tv-sideview/9dd58d3f-bbc5-4185-82fb-e23cc84782ef

This guide from the Sony US website may be a help: -

http://helpguide.sony.net/lifestyle/en/view/

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@Blencogo wrote:

you do not give us your exact Vaio model so I cant give a link but here is the generic driver update dated 18 March 2014

Cohprog has a custom built Flip 13A if that helps you in any way Blencogo!

cohprog
Explorer

I have a "SVF13N2C5E" and there is 0 driver / software listed on the website. I checked some other similar models (SVF13N1C5E and SVF13N2M2E) that I have access to : they have some drivers/sofwares listed but nothing for that USB dongle.

Anyway, I think that the drivers are ok : when I connect the dongle, its detected and listed in the devices as "Sony IR Remote Control". It's the applications to use it that I am looking for.

I can't find the SideView software on Windows Store. And if I try to download it from the link listed above, it says that this application is not available for my device.

I checked with a similar Flip 13 (SVF13N2M2E) that wasn't custom built and so didn't had a "clean install" : It has the TV SideView application pre-installed. But I can't find it either from the Windows Store and the link on the website give me the same error : Not available for your device.

There is a second application "Vaio Remote Control" that let you use the computer as a infrared remote control for your TV or other. I couldn't find this application anywhere either and it's not pre-installed on the other Flip 13 I checked. I found some reference to it on Google but the pages, from the Sony website, listed don't exist anymore...

profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Hi all!

Let's bring back from the dead this post.

So it is 2023, I still use a Vaio, have the Vaio IR adapter, everything was fine, except some weeks ago I had to reeinstall windows and now the apps are no longer avaiable.

If anyone sees this, do you know a place where I can still download them, the TV Guide for Vaio and the Vaio IR remote app?

Thank you so much.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Hugo_Fonseca, unfortunately, Sony sold the brand a very long time ago, so they no longer provide any software for it. But good luck.