Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Fit 13A SVF13N1C5E - VAIO Update - 500 Internal server error

SOLVED
fnisse
Explorer

VAIO Fit 13A SVF13N1C5E - VAIO Update - 500 Internal server error

Every time I try to update my new SONY VAIO using VAIO Update, I get an error message (500 - Internal server error - There is a problem with the resource you are looking for and it can not be displayed) and no updates can be found.

I have been in contact with the local support but they havent been able to explain this or to come up with a solution. Anyone else having this problem and found a solution?

12 REPLIES 12
Sofwat
Explorer

Hi thalamus,

Thanks so much, you've been more help than the customer service line.

Do you have my serial number or will I send it to you?

Regards,

Sof

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome & no we don't need your serial number as our contact has access to your serial number that is linked to your email address..

Please let us know you can use Vaio update without any errors please.?

Sofwat
Explorer

okay great, but it still the same though. Actually I have a new tab on VAIO Update now called "Updates for Apps". I've removed VAIO Update and installed it again from the support page (I hope its the latest version because even VAIO Update wont update itself). Maybe that's why the new tab is showing. ("Updates for Apps")

oh and its not bringing me to the webpage anymore that used to say server error 500...

Should I just keep clicking "Check for updates" evrey few hours?

So sorry to put you through this, This laptop was expensive so I want to keep it running smooth you know