Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V3S external input help!

profile.country.en_GB.title
jammypj
Visitor

VGC-V3S external input help!

This maybe a pointless question because this computer must be so far out of date, but I'll ask anyway as I'm stuck.

I have the Vaio VGC-V3 all in one tv / computer. Had to set it back to factory settings coz it died a death. now it's alive and kicking again but I've had to retune the TV stations. Obviously there is no terestrial signal anymore so the computer is not picking up any channels when it scans, however I have a digital box plugged into the 3 prong port. It worked before it died by selecting video channel, but because it won't pick up any channels I can't select video at all, so no TV.

There is the external input option but there is no setting to select it, is there any way of doing that to find the digital?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try this.  If you go to: -

Start -> All Programs -> VAIO Zone -> VAIO Zone Settings -> TV Channel Settings -> ADD

You can create a Channel Number to receive Video Input.

Select a channel number in the top box - Say Channel 1.  In the 'Receiver Band' drop-down box, deselect TV Tuner and select 'Video Input 1'.

All the other tuning settings should go Grey as they are not required.  Click OK.

Connect your digi-box's AV to the TV Card, open 'Vaio Zone' and select 'Live TV' and Channel 1.

Choose or create a directory under 'Content' if you want to record the Video.

:wink: