Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-C2S XP Drivers

idfoulsham
Visitor

VGN-C2S XP Drivers

Hi

I have installed XP on my notebook at Vista I could not get on with. I have followed most of the advice but cannot get my audio working and have 2 drivers it cannot install. One is a PCI Device (Ithink audio) and 1 is UGX.

Does anyone have some tips?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi idfoulsham,

welcome to Club vaio..

Download the C1Z's Original Drivers Package from HERE , once downloaded extract the files.

To install the Realtek High Definition audio driver, you have to first install Microsoft's KB835221 hotfix, followed by the Realtek audio drivers. You should find the MS hotfix in the Drivers > Audio > UAA High Definition Audio Class driver folder..

The UGX should be your Vaio's bluetooth..

idfoulsham
Visitor

Thanks

I had just found an artcile say about that as you posted. Its all working now.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

Stryder
Visitor

Hi, i don´t intend to hijack the thread, but i´m also about to downgrade from vista to XP a VGN-C2S/H.

I was wondering if i should downlaod all utilities from C1Z, and if the BT controler is already in the pack or if i have to try and find it somewhere else.

idfoulsham, u said u found a thread with some intructions?
Could u post a link please?

caterpillar_jlu
Visitor

Dear Thalamus,
I ve just downgraded my VGN-C2S from Vista Home Premium to XP Pro. I followed this thread and install the C1S drivers. However, the system still can't recognize Network Controller (PCI Slot 9) and UGX? In addition, the memory stick icon is not displayed properly. Could you please help me? Thank you very much!

gvrachliotis
Visitor

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-C2S. I recently downgraded from Vista to XP Pro SP2. I had already downloaded drivers for XP (drivers for C1S, as I read here) so after OS installation I started installing device drivers. Please note that at this point my USB mouse was working fine (so I assume USB ports were working fine) until I installed intel's chipset driver. After restart, USB ports were not working at all and there is no activity when a USB device is connected (mouse, flash memory etc.) Device Manager shows all devices working properly except 4 USB Root Hubs which were on yellow exclamation mark and which I disabled (as a solution found to the problem which didn't work) Please help me solve this problem!!!

PS: Touchpad is working fine.

profile.country.en_GB.title
vincenttracey
Visitor

Hi all, use DriverMax to update all your drivers. The only downside with the free version you are only allowed 2 downloads per day.
I downgraded to XP on VGN-NR38E and everything bar the screen brightness control is working so if anyone has any ideas about that I'd appreciate it.