Join now - be part of our community!

Virus has corrupted my laptop, please help!

profile.country.en_GB.title
@1760448400013423
Visitor

Virus has corrupted my laptop, please help!

Hi,

Right, I'm new to this forum and urgently require help! I'm not the most technical person but any help is appreciated. Ok the story is:

On Sunday night my girlfriend wanted to torrent a movie, I let her do so on my laptop and it turned out to be some sort of virus! Upon opening this 'movie' file which had a '.wmv' extension, a window opened asking for a DivX plugin to be installed (which I did find funny). Upon clicking this, my Sony Vaio laptop shut down and rebooted itself. Upon reboot the Windows startup repair ran and it could not repair it! I rebooted again and the same thing happened so I pressed F10 and loaded the Sony Rescue programme and backed up all my files. This took me to Monday night, once I had all files backed up, the programme continued to restore to factory settings and all seemed fine! Until... Windows loaded up and required a reboot, upon shutting down a blue screen error came up! I didn't have time to read what it said as it rebooted swiftly... Then it rebooted itself and loaded up Windows giving me the option of 'Safe Mode' or running as normal. I tried running as normal and it succeeded, and I continued to install the Windows Updates. Again, windows updates require reboot and after rebooting it successfully; I found that none of the updates were installed at all. I rebooted again and nothing had changed, upon a third reboot the windows system repair loaded up again! I have no idea what is going on, please help?!?!

My Sony Vaio model is: VPCEB3X5E

Please advise!

Garreth

Message was edited by: @1760448400013423

Message was edited by: @1760448400013423 I read up on a few forums; does this seem like the virus has infected my BIOS? Or just a virus on my hard drive? A lot of forums have suggested flashing the BIOS

0 REPLIES 0