Join now - be part of our community!

wlan switch in "on" position, lights on, but keeps disconnecting?

profile.country.en_GB.title
joes1999999
Visitor

wlan switch in "on" position, lights on, but keeps disconnecting?

hi, i have this problem happening for the last 3/4 years nothing will solve it, i have a vgn-fe41e, windows vista home premium. the wireless connection turns it self off like a flickering light bulb at randoms and intermitent rates.
i  have updated the driver, installed, re installed after re starting,  disabled, re enabled. i do not have smart wi.. i have a lan icon.. it  confirms everything is working but as i write the connection has gone   again..!!!!! it now says to turn the switch on , when clearly its  on, the light is on and its never been turned to off... also its set to on in the device manager , occasionally the light dissapears when this happens over a longer period  , i have seen that many people.. actually hundreds ifnot thousands have suffered the samefate with viao machines (checkthe us website!!! THERES ON AVERAGE4/5 A WEEK FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS !! surely there is a fix for this ,  believe me i have run out of patience for this is so frustrating.. any  solutions or answers would greatly increase my quality of life and  impact on my mental health.
the machine has never been moved from this deskin 3/4 years, never had a bash and is kept clean as i see the replys to this are " you must have damage...so you got to pay...well not here...i suspect this has been happening sinceout the box but as i was a novice i assumed it wasmy internet connection..now i have another computer it is not this at all..

so what is it ??? poor sony/microsoft compatability... shoddy build quality ?

could it be an update which has written new values in my registry to  alter the control of my wlan- a sony/vista/intel conflict ?? if so how  can i check and remove this ??
thanks in advance... here's hoping.......

a

Message was edited by: joes1999999

Message was edited by: joes1999999

2 REPLIES 2
joes1999999
Visitor

a simpler version of this question would be....

why does my wireless connection turn it self off ?

please avoid any answers like , turn the switch on or adjust power control, check drivers etc

this has been done, checked all drivers are correct and up to date

just a case of its turned on the light is showing but it will turn it self off !!! and disconnect me from the web at random times and rates..

so again how/why is it that when the light is on it turns its self off ??

does anyone have some info on onsumer rights or a idea of how to escalate this complaint to see my rights as this is clearly a  machine that is malfunctioning thru normal use

many thanks in advance

jamjones9
Visitor

any ideas or comments , suggestions, help ? i can now add to the mystery , since this post it worked perfect !! and now i'm back on becaus it gone all intermittent again,

do you think if i take it to the sony store they would have an idea why this is happening ? oh it gone again whilst i was writing

please please please please please please can somebody help me ??

thanks in advance