profile.country.sv_SE.title
bowbow55
Visitor

OK.. Found out myself... It works beautifully

Bo W

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

You have one? Wow they look really nice.

Fancy giving us a little review of quality etc?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skybump
New

tested it briefly -

it seems to only put the viewfinder feed to the hdmi output - so although it was an hd signal it looked resized up from lcd resolution. Also i couldn't remove the graphic overlay.

overall, fine for an external viewfinder, especially for manual focus,  but not for recording video.

profile.country.GB.title
GreggLonewolf

Hi Guys

Just wondering, when you use the HDMI output to the monitor do you lose the image on the back of the camera ?

This is something the Canon 7D does and is absolute pain in the arse if you want to be able to work while sending the client a feed.

I've got HDMI cables on order - surprised Sony don't bundle one - so will know the answer in a few days, but just wondered if anybody could answer the question in the meantime.

Thanks.

Gregg.

profile.country.GB.title
GreggLonewolf

Okay

Got the HDMI cables today and - in answer to my own question - the image disappears off the LCD on the camera once you connect it to an external source (ie.:tv, etc).

Why is this ? Surely you can keep the picture on the LCD on the camera AND have it go to an external monitor.

I was hoping to use this camera in a semi-professional way, but keep getting blocked at every turn - no manual exposure control when shooting video, you can't have a picture on the camera LCD AND output to a monitor at the same time, and there's no way to remote start movie recording.

This is almost as annoying as the Canon 7D issues we've encountered over the last twelve months.

At least Canon have been giving the consumers what they want in terms of software / firmware updates.

Let's see if Sony can do the same.

Come on, fellas - you've got a mountain to climb if you want to compete with the big boys like Canon and Nikon.

If you actually listen to the customers and give them what they ask for then you're on to a winner - otherwise what a spectacular waste of time and money.