Join now - be part of our community!

How to reset Sony a700 to default settings?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mandwa
Visitor

How to reset Sony a700 to default settings?

Hi all,

I've just swapped my Sony a200 for a a700 but the camera is quite complex and has been heavily customized by the previous owner and i would like to rest the camera to the default/factory settings. However is there a way to do this without resetting the shutter count?

I don't want to perform any actions until i get a clear answer about this, Google hasn't helped much!

Thanks in advance and Happy new year!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
silawre
New

Hi,

Take a look at pages 113 and 126 of the user guide / trouble shooting manual linked below.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3282943131.pdf

Kind regards and a Happy New Year too.

Si

Message was edited by: silawre

mandwa
Visitor

Thanks for the link, it came with everything but a manual (save for a french one!)

I don't know about you but i have so far found the a700's images to be poor compared to my previous a200, very noisy and soft?

Any thoughts on setup etc?

Thanks again.

silawre
New

I've have never owned the A200 so I cannot compare but I found my A700 to be a dream to use. I only had it a short while so I cannot say I fully discovered its plus and negative points.

Si

mandwa
Visitor

I agree it's a dream to use, build and handling are fantastic but the images so far are plain poor for some reason, very soft and dotty or noisy.

The shop have offered me a refund but i honestly wouldn't know what to get on a budget instead.

I will try different settings this week and see if i get an improvment.

Thanks,