Join now - be part of our community!

Sony brand loyalty, (rant).

profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Sony brand loyalty, (rant).

Having initially bought Minolta, then Sony from models 7D, A700, A77 through to my new A99 I find it annoying that Sony don't give any thought to those who remain loyal to the brand. To be able use those camera's fully over the years I have bought the various genuine accessories, (vertical grips and flash guns, plus much more.) Not cheap! Now I find I have to buy an adaptor to be able to use my genuine Sony/Minolta flash units on the A99. This REALLY infuriates me. Surely they could stretch to letting loyal customers have these foc? I can't help but wonder that by changing the mount, does this indicate their flash units are not up to the job and another brand should be bought? OK, there is no doubt some boffin in the marketing dept' who will say," if you can afford the A99, what's another £25 to you", in answer..... it's the thought that counts! 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

God, I am a prat! I have to apologise to Sony and eat a massive chunk of humble pie. I have finally opened the box to dribble over the camera body. They have included a hot shoe adaptor. SORRY! But I still feel justified in a small bit of the rant because the battery grip for the A99 is different to that of the A700 and again the A77. I am trying not to use it though until I can get a genuine screen protector fitted.