Join now - be part of our community!

BUG: Issues with Deep Sleep (stand-by) in Android 6.0.1

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

BUG: Issues with Deep Sleep (stand-by) in Android 6.0.1

It's my opinion that the Deep Sleep can be the single culprit of various bug. This is a list of issues I am experiencing after exiting stand-by. I put all of them together because they seem growing..

1. The television (Android) is generally slow. Slow as in lag fest slow. 
  2. It loses the internet connectivity (wired). I know this because if any app making use of the network is in foreground (YouTube, Spotify, TIM Vision, etc) it reports a "no internet connection" error message. Also after few seconds I see a toast notification saying that the connection is active
  3. Sometime the external USB devices may disappear (very known issue, I think)
  4. Having apps that make use of VPNs (like the public domain ad blocker Block This) the television restarts Android. Which is like having a kernel panic in OS X/macOS or a Blue Screen of Death in Windows. That should never happen with user apps.

My tv is a 49XD8099, but I believe it doesn't matter. I am not sure which bugs/issues have been escalated already, but I think it would be about time Sony looks into them and.. guess what? FIX them. The support of these televisions is 100 times worse than the one on Xperia devices. I'm highly disappointed.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
DecimusMxms

I'm expiriencing the same. After the tv has been off for a while or over night, as i turn it on, it lags severely if not unresponsive at all. Even after waiting for a few minutes

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Well, no. In my case it doesn't take minutes, but it can take some seconds before starting to function normally. It's expecially slow when I press the "Discover" button, among other things. It looks like it is reloading everything, like after an Android restart. But even the volume bar can take seconds before to show it's changing.