Join now - be part of our community!

dcr-hc44e

SOLVED
zottejos
Explorer

dcr-hc44e

Hi Guys (and Girls)

hope somebody can help me with this:

In 2006, i bought a sony handycam DVR DCR-HC44E, we bought it when my wife was pregnant, and made DVR-recordings troughout her pregnancy, birth and first couple of years of the life of our daughter.

After a couple of years, we started to record digitally and no longer used our handycam

I didn't use my camcorder for 5 or 6 years, and only last week, i remembered i have 50-60 tapes of my kid. I wanted to show her those movies, but was unable to get them onto my PC/DVD/memory card. The screen on this DVR is only 2,7", so it's not really suitable for a movie night.

I searched the web for a long time, but all methods described are long outdated,  the links no longer work, the versions of the software and my OS no longer match,...

Can anybody help me out? I'm running windows 7 pro, there are no firewire-ports on my PC, just USB. I don't expect the highest quality (i understand you need a firewire port for this), just some viewable movies in whatever digital format is available

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi

Without a firewire port is not so easy and economical!

Viewing on TV via A/V connecting cable is so easy, but editing?

Warning! No cable (fake!!!) USB to Firewire exists!

An expensive solution is Pinnacle Studio MovieBox USB(about 100£, capture device + software)

Here a video on YouTube:

And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pinnacle-Studio-MovieBox-Ultimate-Coll/dp/B005ZNPNEK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sw_h__1?...

Jannis

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi

Without a firewire port is not so easy and economical!

Viewing on TV via A/V connecting cable is so easy, but editing?

Warning! No cable (fake!!!) USB to Firewire exists!

An expensive solution is Pinnacle Studio MovieBox USB(about 100£, capture device + software)

Here a video on YouTube:

And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pinnacle-Studio-MovieBox-Ultimate-Coll/dp/B005ZNPNEK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sw_h__1?...

Jannis

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
zottejos
Explorer

Thanks for the effort you put into this post so far... Since the movies are rather important to us, we will consider buying a movie box...

I do have to compare the prices and delivery delays between buying a PCI firewire card for my desktop and a moviebox

maottel
New

The product in not for sale anymore.

What should you do now. I have many tapes I would like to copy to my PC

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @maottel,

if you have an ExpressCard Slot in yours PC search with Google: "ExpressCard FireWire" and "FireWire Cable 4 to 6 pin"

If you haven't an ExpressCard Slot search also: "USB ExpressCard Adaptor"

You have to buy these products for connection between video camera and an recent computer.

Manolo