Join now - be part of our community!

hdmi sound connection issue

andyr123
Explorer

hdmi sound connection issue

Hi

I have a sony pj410 camcorder and i have connected it to the tv via the hdmi cable, into the hdmi arc connection in the back of the tv.  When the camcorder is on, filming or just on, the picture appears on the tv, however there is no sound.  When recordings are done and played back via the tv the sound is there.  How do i get the sound on the tv while the camcorder is on?

Thanks

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can i confirm the following?

When playing back video content from the camcorder to the tv, sound is outputted to the tv ok.

But when the camcorder is filming or just on, then no sound is output on the tv at all?

If this is the case - your going to kick yourself.  Because when you are filming, there is no sound to output.  The camcorders inbuilt microphone is recording the sound.  If the camcorder is recording audio then outputting that audio to the tv at the same time, thus would create a feedback echo effect of which the camcorder would then also record, and so on.

Cheers

andyr123
Explorer

Hi

Yes the questions you had are correct.  A friend of mine who has a panasonic camcorder has managed to do this successfully, is this a limitation of the model I have?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

More than likely it is the limitation of this camcorder.  I guess the reason you want it is to see/hear video and audio in another room via a long HDMI cable?

andyr123
Explorer

yes thats exactly what I want to do.  Do you know which models would allow me to do what I need to do?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I dont as my knowledge of cameras/camcorders is rather limited.  Hopefully another forum member or expert can help.

Im looking at you @Portmixus. :D. (Nudge, Nudge)

andyr123
Explorer

if it helps, the camcorder has a live streaming facility where it can do this via wifi so I thought it should be able to output the sound via the cable to the tv.

Thanks