Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-CX625 stuck on loop when powering up

profile.country.GB.title
Clydesider
Explorer

HDR-CX625 stuck on loop when powering up

My HDR-CX625 camcorder, not even four months old, will not turn on.  It just sticks on the "Handycam" opening screen, loops three times then turns itself off.  I have checked Sony for help and they won't even repair it, they just say things are "in-warranty exchange" and are not economic to repair.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Clydesider,

@Clydesider  schrieb:

they just say things are "in-warranty exchange" and are not economic to repair.

from my understanding that means you would get a new camcorder instead of getting yours repaired 🤔

To me that sounds like a good solution.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Clydesider
Explorer

The problem is this is the second CX625 I have had.  The first died about 3 months ago hence getting this second one.  Both have died with the exact same problem.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Clydesider,

did you take the memory card out of the camera and tried to start after doing so?

You said you tried other batteries but you did not mention if you took out the memory card as well.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Clydesider
Explorer

Yes, I have taken out memory cards and tried, re-inserted memory cards and tried and nothing works.

It is like it is being turned off before it even starts turning on.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Clydesider,

what happens if you connect the camcorder to your PC/MAC with the USB-plug hidden in the handle? Does it show any reaction?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Clydesider
Explorer

I have just tried this.

It turns the light on to indicate that it is charging or at least receiving power through the USB socket but it just does the same loop three times on the "Handycam" logo right at the start.  The PC does not register anything has been connected.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Clydesider,

can you power that particular camcorder with external power while NOT using a battery?

Just to verify the battery connectors are not the issue or something similar.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Clydesider
Explorer

How do I do that?  The only cable that came with the camera is the USB one that I am under the impression needs the battery attached to operate.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Clydesider,

I just noticed that as well - I assumed it has a dedicated power-connector like e.g. the HDR CX130E, yet it is charged via USB and I am not sure it can be powered just by that.

If there is no option to power the camcorder without a battery, please confirm that and I will escalate this issue to the support. 

- Nic