Join now - be part of our community!

how to transfer video from dcr-trv245e camcorder to PC

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Ellie12
Visitor

how to transfer video from dcr-trv245e camcorder to PC

hi,

Where do I download software needed to download and edit video recorded on SONY dcr-trv245e camcorder?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ellie12 :slight_smile:

Looking at the downloading first of all, a lot of the major video editing packages include the facility to 'capture' video directly from the camera itself. They vary in price but even the free option offered by Microsoft, Windows Live Movie Maker 2011, allows the user to capture video onto their PC hard drive and then edit.

The biggest issue that you will face is if you are using Windows 7 as opposed to Windows XP on your computer. For this camcorder, video capture over USB is significantly easier when using Windows XP but if you are using Windows 7, you may find it easier to use Firewire for capturing your video and if your computer doesn't have a Firewire socket available, you may need to purchase a Firewire to USB adapter or a seperate internal card for this purpose.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ellie12 :slight_smile:

Looking at the downloading first of all, a lot of the major video editing packages include the facility to 'capture' video directly from the camera itself. They vary in price but even the free option offered by Microsoft, Windows Live Movie Maker 2011, allows the user to capture video onto their PC hard drive and then edit.

The biggest issue that you will face is if you are using Windows 7 as opposed to Windows XP on your computer. For this camcorder, video capture over USB is significantly easier when using Windows XP but if you are using Windows 7, you may find it easier to use Firewire for capturing your video and if your computer doesn't have a Firewire socket available, you may need to purchase a Firewire to USB adapter or a seperate internal card for this purpose.

Thanks,

Simon

moiranorway
Explorer

Hi ,

I have fire wire connection on  the computer but I cannot find a fire wire socket on the camera