Join now - be part of our community!

Problem Inserting Memory Card

outjohn9
Explorer

Problem Inserting Memory Card

My HDR-CX240E is nearly new and I have a problem inserting the microSD memory card.  I only have one card at present, a Kingston 16GB class 10.  I find that it takes several minutes of repeated attempts to get the camcorder to recognise the card without any error messages.  During most of that time it shows error C.13.01, “Reinsert the memory card” and “Verify the positioning of the memory card”.

Having recorded something I find if I put the card into an adaptor and into my PC it connects without problems.

Is there some trick to lining up these cards?  I have never used microSD before, only SDHC.  Do I need to try a different brand of card or just give up and go back to where I bought the camcorder?

Thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Did you format the memory card using the CX240E - I would try formatting it again anyhow.

Follow the following instrustions on how to insert the memory card;

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4531544111/EN/contents/TP0000241798.html

If all this fails, I would try another memeory card and of a different brand.  This covers two things, 1 - Faulty memory card, 2 - Incompatibility.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

outjohn9
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for the quick response.  I have not yet formatted the card in the CX240E although I intend to.  Once I had the card recognised by the camcorder it recorded video just fine and I have played the recordings back on an HDTV and copied the files into my PC.  It’s only when I come to put the card back in the camcorder that I struggle for a while.

I took a look at those instructions and as far as I can see I am doing as they say.

I will try a different brand of card - and format in the cam.

Thanks again.