Join now - be part of our community!

Which camcorders support Multi Camera Control AND remote control?

Which camcorders support Multi Camera Control AND remote control?

So this is what I plan to do to record interviews with 2 cameras ... remote controlled by the interviewer.

I need a combination of 3 MUST HAVES:

external mic on main camcorder AND 'slave' cam

multi camera control

remote control

Use a HDR-CX450 or HDR-PJ620 or Action Cam FDR-X1000V as the main camera on the interviewee with external levalier mic input for better sound quality. I want to use a lavalier clip on wired mic with this. Can I use any or must it be the Sony ECM-CS10 Stereo Lavalier Microphone? (which I'm sure is fine BTW)

Use an Action Cam such as the HDR-AS20 as the second 'slave' camera for the interviewer. 

Link them together using Multi Camera Control with the HDR-CX450 or HDR-PJ620 or Action Cam FDR-X1000V as master and HDR-AS20 as 'slave'. 

Use the Smart Remote app on an iPad (or iPhone) to remotely start recording on the master cam - I'm hoping by starting recording on the HDR-CX450 or HDR-PJ620 or Action Cam FDR-X1000V remotely it will also start recording on the HDR-AS20.

Sounds do-able. I do not need the built-in projector function of the HDR-PJ620 but it comes with both Multi Camera Control AND external mic. Is there a suitably spec'd entry level camcorder I am missing here?

Phil

0 REPLIES 0