Join now - be part of our community!

bad Sony service, how do you register your product? HX5v

SOLVED
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
mirjelin3
New

bad Sony service, how do you register your product? HX5v

Well people, I would like to know couple of things!!! I live in Luxembourg and service is in belgium, you know what that means? stress and useless service!

How come that Sony's website is so badly designed and they manage to sell their product? (it is slow, miss informative, and their forms do not work)

I would like to register my new sony camera, not because I have to, but because I have this possibility to do so. I have a documentation stating that I can register my product and that I should not forget!!

Unfortunately Luxembourg is missing everywhere on Sony website, even though they have a links to it.

How do I register my product?

How would you punish a service person who hung up the phone?

Second call, he say that the registration is useless and I should ignore the belgium as a country and fill up the form anyway!

I'm on belgium website, but isn't it a fraud if I will send faulty information?

How can I complaint? Can someone send me a phone number to a complaint officer?

thank you vey much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

I just checked and you can register from whatever country website. During the process you will be able to enter your country details and specify Luxemburg at that stage.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StartTheCar
Contributor

All very good questions, unfortunately I don’t have any of the answers to hand.  In an effort to help, I have passed your enquiry onto my colleagues in your area of the world.  I fully expect someone to be in contact soon.

Regards
Lee

tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

I just checked and you can register from whatever country website. During the process you will be able to enter your country details and specify Luxemburg at that stage.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
NorthernSony5
Visitor

Hello Mirjellin3, I tried to register my cybershot camera on-line, a couple of weeks after the purchase. In the interim, the VAT-refund deal, which had  tipped me from a Samsung WB650 to the Cybershot I have. A decision I don't regret. However with the VAT-refund incentive, in Britain, the registration process may be enacted as a concommitant of trying to get the Vat-refund they promise, as a term-of-trade- i.e. we only end-up paying the Vat-free price! So if you have communicated with Sony Europe on a matter of complaint or other issue, the personnel on the phone may be told to treat you as a con-artist! I still haven't had my VAT back, though many others have complained about the same issue, in Britain, and its almost a month! Happy New Year, anyway!

Patagualian
Visitor

I agree with Merjellin3 The application form does not allow one to specify countries other than those which appear in the list.....I am in Chile......No Latin American countries appear in the drop down menu.

Also, I had forgotten my password, so applied for a password change.....However "it" flatly refused to accept my perfectly valid Email address.........why???

Anyway, I merely re-registered!!! (Although it is assumed I live in the UK)

On another matter: I note you mentioned a refund of VAT.......I purchased my DSC-H10 on a visit to the UK....

Is it possible to obtain a VAT refund?  If so, please explain the process.I would be most grateful.

Thanks in Advance......Steve