profile.country.hr_BA.title
djukak
Visitor

Sony DSC-W310 or W320

I'm buying for home use only

Dilemma is between Sony W310 i W320.

http://www.sony.ba/product/dsc-w-series/dsc-w310

http://www.sony.ba/product/dsc-w-series/dsc-w320

Main difference is: W310 has 12.1 MP and Sony lens.  W320 14.1 MP and Carl Zeiss lens.
Question is: Is Carl Zeiss lens better? Difference in price is 25 euros. Are pics better, is it noticeably...

Is it worth to buy Carl Zeiss?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

HI djukak,

There are other small advantages to the W320: -

1. It is a more attractive design and is smaller and lighter.

2. It has a better battery life - 220/240 shots.

3. It has a better 14.1 megapixel sensor.

4. It has a wider angle lens 28mm/26mm.

5. It has a superior Carl Zeiss lens.

Is it worth an extra €25?

This has to be down to you.  Try and handle them because the W320 is lighter, slimmer and smaller in all three directions and, for me, a more modern attractive style.  I doubt if you will notice the other advantages listed above and there is no killer improvement in the W320 that makes it that much better.  Everything is a little better but the two models cover a price range in the market.

Your decision but I think I know which one I would buy if I could afford the extra.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

HI djukak,

There are other small advantages to the W320: -

1. It is a more attractive design and is smaller and lighter.

2. It has a better battery life - 220/240 shots.

3. It has a better 14.1 megapixel sensor.

4. It has a wider angle lens 28mm/26mm.

5. It has a superior Carl Zeiss lens.

Is it worth an extra €25?

This has to be down to you.  Try and handle them because the W320 is lighter, slimmer and smaller in all three directions and, for me, a more modern attractive style.  I doubt if you will notice the other advantages listed above and there is no killer improvement in the W320 that makes it that much better.  Everything is a little better but the two models cover a price range in the market.

Your decision but I think I know which one I would buy if I could afford the extra.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tush65
Visitor

Hi which camera did you end up buying. I have got the same dilemma now. Have been advised on buying Carl Zeiss lens but Im sure Sony have looked into this thorougly but I dont know which is best.

I am looking at cybershot  dsc w520 and w530. The 520 has sony lens and is 5x optical, the w530 has carl zeiss and is 4x optical .

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks