Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Transfer books - just says processing

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Clumsy65
Visitor

Can't Transfer books - just says processing

HI,

I have a new reader and have the usb screen when i plug it in. I also have the do not disconnect sign in the middle of the screen. But when I drag and drop a book (one from the sony site) it just sits saying processing. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Clumsy65,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Which reader do you have.?

If you click on Status view on the Reader Library window on your PC is anything listed..:smileyconfused:

Status.JPG

Have you tried disconnecting your reader and trying again.?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Clumsy65,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Which reader do you have.?

If you click on Status view on the Reader Library window on your PC is anything listed..:smileyconfused:

Status.JPG

Have you tried disconnecting your reader and trying again.?

profile.country.en_GB.title
GilesWinstanley
Visitor

I have a PRS-650 which has a similar problem, but I managed to find a way around it, at least for now.

1. Cancel the "Processing..." task which seems to have stalled on the status page.

2. Select the Sync page, then deselect some of the items in the Library.

3. Resync.

4. Reselect some sub-items in the Library.

5. Resync.

6. If not done, repeat 4-6.

I've no idea why, but Reader seems to baulk at trying to sync everything at once, but is a bit happier doing it in chunks instead. Given that this is almost the entire functionality of the software, it seems Sony have managed to produce mediocre-to-awful software to manage what is a fantastic piece of hardware. The sooner they get their act together the better for all of us.

Giles

(In case Sony are reading this forum by some amazing chance...this is my first e-reader, and while I'm impressed at the technology, I certainly won't be buying another Sony-made one in future unless the management software is radically improved, and all word-of-mouth recommendations to others will follow a similar line.)