Join now - be part of our community!

My I-mac does not see my Sony PRS e-reader

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
o.seijler
Visitor

My I-mac does not see my Sony PRS e-reader

Dear All,

I have installed my PRS E-reader successfully on my windows computer. I then bought an I-Mac and installed reader library and now I cannot connect the Mac to my reader.

It charges OK but it displays an error in the reader library.

How can I get them to talk?

Best regards,

Otto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rosiebud73

HI again, reading through a different post reminded me that I had installed Calibre on my iMac, so thought I'd try connecting Reader with that - works perfectly.

So the books I bought earlier today I downloaded into Reader to get them on my computer then simply add them using Calibe directly from 'My Books\Reader Library in Documents Folder.

Just need to figure out how to re-authorise the eReader now, so that I can read them!

Message was edited by: rosiebud73

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.en_GB.title
matthewrb
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue.  i have a PRS-600 and it worked fine with Windows.  Followed all the instructions on de-authorising it from the old computer when I got my new Mac and now have exactly the same issue.  Sony's technical support have no idea...said it was apple.  Apple say Sony.  I told Sony to google the issue and it will tell them that I am not the only one suffering this problem!

if anyone can help it would be appreciated!!  Close to chucking it and swapping to a kindle.

profile.country.GB.title
rosiebud73

Hi

No consolation but I am having a similar problem.  Have been using the PRS-600 successfully with an iMac since Oct 2009.  Upgraded my Mac, but forgot to go through the deauthorise process.  Authorised computer in Adobe digital Editions with no problem.  Plugging reader into my new iMac I get 'error' the same as you two folks. I've completely uninstalled Sony Reader Library have done a factory restore on ereader, but has made no difference.

I'm going to head the Kindle route as well, if can't resolve this coming weekend.

profile.country.GB.title
rosiebud73

HI again, reading through a different post reminded me that I had installed Calibre on my iMac, so thought I'd try connecting Reader with that - works perfectly.

So the books I bought earlier today I downloaded into Reader to get them on my computer then simply add them using Calibe directly from 'My Books\Reader Library in Documents Folder.

Just need to figure out how to re-authorise the eReader now, so that I can read them!

o.seijler
Visitor

Dearest Rosiebud,

Thanks for the input will try and let you know the result.

Best regards,

Otto

profile.country.en_GB.title
georgedog
Visitor

My previous successful installation was on my old iMac but having recently bought a new iMac I find with Otto that it charges okay but displays an error in the reader library.

Doesn't anybody at Sony have answer to this?

Georgedog

o.seijler
Visitor

Dear Rosebud,

Great news it works fine and communicates well so thanks for the info.

Best regards,

Otto

o.seijler
Visitor

Dear Georgedog,

Read the news and install Calibre on your I-Mac. It works like a clock and does what you expect, import books and export books to your e-reader. Problem solved, thanks to rosebud, I would say.

Good luck,

Otto

profile.country.GB.title
rosiebud73

Hi Folks

Just a word of caution,  don't de-authorise your ereader if you encounter these issues, as I don't think you can reauthorise using Calibre.  This procedure needs Reader/Adobe.  In the end I used my work laptop to re-authorise my ereader, so that I could actually read the books transferred using Calibre.

Pleased to have been able to help a few of you.

If Kindle bring out a touchscreen version I will probably switch.

profile.country.fr_CH.title
louwind
Visitor

Same problem, same solution, thanks for the trick

however, I have now a message saying

This book is blocked by DMR

So what, you buy a book, pay for it and cannot read it because of some useless complications invented by some copyright paranoiac?