Join now - be part of our community!

Please help me.

profile.country.en_GB.title
JaneMoodie
Visitor

Please help me.

I've had my PRS-350 since April 2011, but haven't downloaded anything since May. I have been trying to download a couple of ebooks over the last few days, and every time I try, the Reader Library says that internet connection has been lost and it doesn't work. I really don't know what to do.The help says to maybe try disconnecting all the firewalls on my pc which may help. but I really don't want to do that. I'm going away soon and wanted to load up my ereader before I went. Does anyone have any ideas? thank you :slight_frown:

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

First, I'd suggest try a soft reset (see Manual) - a bent paperclip's al you need.

You can do a hard reset next, but then you lose any content on the device..

If still no joy - install Calibre ebook management suite - it's free, and very safe - just Google Calibre.

Now you can buy, or get free books (Gutenberg etc...) but when the download panel comes up, choose the "save to file" option. Then it'll download to your downloads panel (Tools/downloads if you don't want it straightaway.) Save to lower toolbar when finished, and open Calibre.All you do then is plug in the device, wait for them to introduce themselves, when  "Send to device" option will flag up on top toolbar. Then open your downloads panel on top of Calibre, drag & drop to library area.It'll load, click send to device, and that's it.

Give it a try.

JaneMoodie
Visitor

thank you. Will give it a whirl :slight_smile: