Join now - be part of our community!

sony reader software freezes when prs-t1 is connected

profile.country.en_GB.title
bellygod1
Visitor

sony reader software freezes when prs-t1 is connected

bought prs-t1 because i like the sony style and hardware quality. mistake- should have checked the functionality, i feel i have wasted my money. first attempt, after much messing about, managed to load a book bought on google books, onto the reader. it was not exactly intuitive though. now i have bought a book (epub), reader software found it, but when i connect the reader to pc the reader software on the pc says "synchronising 1 of 0", then freezes and closes.  have tried reinstalling the software etc. wish i had got a kindle! suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
carpetmojo

Ummm.... did you go through the process as per the manual ?

I'm a bit confused - are you loading your books via PC or wifi ? Sounds like you're doing it via PC.

Which you can do, very easily. of course, so that's presumably not the problem.

And have you now bought two books, one of which is on the T1 OK, and the other isn't ?

Until Reader Store is up and running, you could just use Calibre, if you want to go via PC .

thomasn75
Visitor

the reader software is very slow. I left it to ponder and when I got back it had synched. if you still have trouble try and just leave the computer for a while as this worked for me. now the software is working more quickly and is just about ok.

thomas

Catmambo
Contributor

I think there is a firmware update that resolves this issue. Have you tired updating the reader?

Thanks

carpetmojo

Yup, there is a new update, it's 1.1.04, and, rather unusually, I think we got it before the States - but N. Z. had it even earlier !

Or at least, they seem to have discovered it before us !

It's on Support - updates...