Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E370 - DLNA Streaming Request

profile.country.en_GB.title
drbond
Visitor

BDV-E370 - DLNA Streaming Request

Is there any chance of the BDV-E370 getting a software upgrade to allow it to stream .MKV files and MPEG4 files over DLNA/UPnP device??

Reason I'm asking is that its a really a bit daft that mkv's aren't allowed. In fact changing the container from mkv to avi in a lot of cases allows the file to play even though it will come up with "Audio not Support".

Any chance of this in the future?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

If you are serving files off your PC, just install Serviio and it will transcode pretty much anything on the fly straight to your E370.

Thanks

drbond
Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply!!! Yikes tech support up at this time in the morning!!

Afraid I'm being a bit cleverer that that. PC is a hell of a noisey so running a NAS drive D-Link E320. The player finds it no bother and plays most things. As i said as long as i change the container from avi to mkv 'some' files are playing even though the blu ray player throws an error 'Audio Format not Supported'. Sadly some things don't play 'File corrupt' or 'File not supported', even had one or two completely crash the bluray player.

Would be fantastic if it could play mkv/mpeg4 natively though - an all round media hub! Surely its not a massive software change?

(off topic - but do you deal with the VAT back scheme, not had my cheque through the post yet)

Thanks