Join now - be part of our community!

Losing Channels on RDR HXD-770

SOLVED
PBaines
Explorer

Losing Channels on RDR HXD-770

Hi

After a thorough search of the net I can't find a solution with my problem - hope someone here can assist.

I have a RDR HXD-770 Freeview/DVD player. After playing a DVD or recording from the hard drive, (i.e. after pressing 'Stop'), the front display shows D--- and no channels (including TV Guide) are available. The only things I can access is the DVD, the HDD and System menu.

I have tried switching off at wall for a period, checked all connections and also carried out a system reset (holding stop and power button), but no change.

Therefore everytime I watch something on DVD/HDD I have to re-tune channels afterwards to watch anything on TV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi Phil,

I'm happy that you solved the problem (and that you found time to post the result). Enjoy your recorder that I think is still one of the best machine for recording DVBT despite its age...

profile.country.GB.title
bosgster
New

I have a Sony RDR-HXD770 that has the problem of losing all channels when switched off. I have tried upgrading the firmaware to 1.70 (from 1.65) but all I ever get is te message "Cannot read this disk".

I have downloaded the upgrade file as per the support instructions and burnt to  several CD-R and CD-RW using several CD burning pieces of software such as Nero and ImgBurn using every conceivable option but still to no avail. Is there any way I can get a pukka copy of this upgrade CD or any other suggestions would be appreciated?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@bosgster you may try contacting the support and asking to send you a CD with the new firmware. It could be also that your CD lens are dirty, so you may try to use some cleaning kit before trying again. When I applied it some 7 years ago now I used Nero to burn the CD