Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-DC100 DVD recorder

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cripley
Visitor

RDR-DC100 DVD recorder

I've had a RDR-DC100 DVD recorder for 9 months and has worked OK. About two weeks ago I started loosing tv channels after the overnight download for the Guide epg. Mostly it was the ITV channels on UHF60, but sometimes I would loose all the channels. So I am constantly retuning it to regain the lost tv channels. Coincidentaly it started when the west of the Anglia tv region went digital. I live in the east of the region  and we go digital in November . I live well into the east so I am note picking up the wests digital transmissions. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you update the firmware to the latest version (1.05)? It should address problems in DTV tuning. http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_it_IT&f=FW_DVDR_105&m=RDR-DC10...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you update the firmware to the latest version (1.05)? It should address problems in DTV tuning. http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_it_IT&f=FW_DVDR_105&m=RDR-DC10...

cripley
Visitor

Thanks rooobb for your valuable suggestion. My DVD recorder is still under guarantee so I called out a tv engineer and he thinks I have the latest firmware. I disagree with him. I think it is v0.79. I have found a way around the problem. I've turned off the overnight download, so it downloads during the day, usually at 9.10am. All the channels remain in situ.Why a daytime download doesn't affect the channels & an overnight download does, is a mystery.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi cripley, you can chek the actual version via the following step:

1. Power on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the DVD recorder is connected.
  2. Power on the DVD recorder.
  3. On the remote control, press the SYSTEM MENU button.
  4. Select Initial Setup.
  5. Press the ENTER button.
  6. Select System1.
  7. Press the ENTER button.
  8. Select Version.
  9. Press the ENTER button.
  10. The firmware version currently installed on the DVD recorder will be listed on the television screen as "Software version:". If the version number is not 1.05, the you need an update.
  11. To exit, press the SYSTEM MENU button.

The update of the firmware doesn't affect the guarantee, but if you feel not confortable with the procedure it's better that you ask for it to be done by a service center. I was unsure if 1.05 was designed only for Italy, but I checked on the UK site and it's distribute for "all countries" as you may read on the link I've sent.

You should solve most of the problems, even if there are other small things that doesn't work well with that machine.

fidmorga
New

I have a RDR DC 200 which does much the same, PLUS it displays .D0003 and .D0082 instead of channel names.  If I am away (i.e. not watching over the machine and constantly using it) it fails to record.  I have downloaded the new upgrade and installs it - it tells me I have version 1.05 - but the problem remains the same.  Sadly while I have been faffing about trying to make it work by getting new aerials fitted and all the things the advisors told me to do the thing has gone out of warrantly so I am stuck with a machine which only records when I am sitting beside it.  Much use that is.