Join now - be part of our community!

UHP-H1 how to get audio SACD (dsd 2.1) out to my HT-NT5?

ProJules
Explorer

UHP-H1 how to get audio SACD (dsd 2.1) out to my HT-NT5?

It doesn't transmit via the HDMI connection to my HT-NT5 

However it does play via the optical "TV" input

And it shows on the attached TV that is playing DSD 2.1 AUDIO

HOWEVER I fine I have to unplug the HDMI cable from other player to get it to work. 

Overall the connection seems to be quite "janky" and without unplugging the HDMI pressing play or rewind would cause the connection to drop and have to be set up again. 

This plug and unplug set up isnt convenient. 

Here is my set up. 

LG 4k TV (latest model) 

ARC HDMI port to HT-NT5 TV port

Satalite TV HDMI 1

UP-h1 - HDMI 2 & optical out also connected

Apple TV HDMI 3

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On the UHP-H1 - Have you set the "DSD Output Mode" to "Auto" in the Audio Settings?

DSD - UHP-H1.jpg

If you are having HDMI conflicting issues - have you managed to figure out which device is causing the issue - as this is the first step in the troubleshooting process.  Connect each device individually and test

Cheers

ProJules
Explorer

Auto - yes but that's still not working 

My TV screen displays the song title and "DSD 2ch 2.8 MHz/1 bit"

The progress bar and time counter run - but but no sound. 

There are actually 4 places to tweak SACD playback in the menus options. 

I am a 27 year career studio audio engineer and work in hi rez formats so this is driving me crazy. 

A normal cd plays back OK but not the SACD. 

ProJules
Explorer

Now I cant get it to play via the optical now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have escalated this thread to Sony support in order for them to assist you.  They should be in contact with you in the next couple of days

Cheers

ProJules
Explorer

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ProJules

Can you Private Message me your contact details please, as for some reason Sony do not have correct contact details fo you - which I am unsure why.  If you are not happy to PM me them, please contact Sony via their contact form HERE.

I received this:

"yes please provide contact details and the description of the original issue for the customer in question as it is unclear which customer we are dealing with at the moment within this thread"

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
frelunn
Explorer

Hi there sorry to bother you I have just purchased the HT-NT5

and I am having the same problem when using this with the UHP-H1 for SACD playsuit no sound 

May I ask if you got it working and if so could you share how as it's driving me crazy and I have had no response from Sony 

Many thanks Freddie Lunn