Join now - be part of our community!

Remote play

Cbd7
Visitor

Remote play

I bought a an xperia for one reason and that was for remote play and now i find out its not supported.. Great job 

9 REPLIES 9
Cbd7
Visitor

Why isn't there remote play support on all experias? 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Because some phones don't have the hardware that supports it.

For remote play, both processor and network capabilities need to be pretty fast and the chipset needs to support the codecs etc used by the service.

Cbd7
Visitor

Understandable but my old Xperia which is 2years older and slower than the l1 did support remote play. And also out of the 4 Xperia phones my network carry. The only one that does support it would cost me near €600

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

You have to bear in mind, offering the same app to a completely different system on chip, will almost 100% end in bad user experience. 

In this case, it's almost certainly the different gpu on board 

Crazy88
Visitor

REMOTE PLAY this is the main resin I bought the sony xperia L1  can some one fix this great phone bought it for that feature but don't have I'm pretty sure it can run it no problem hope to see it on the sony xperia L1 soon 

Rajawilco
Visitor

Nonsense. All the app does is stream from the PS4, if your device can play YouTube it can work with remote playback. I have this working on a 5 year old lg g2 albeit rooted and it works fine. Sony just want you to buy their premium devices to make use of the remote play feature.

Harrisswarman
Visitor

Same. It states nowhere before you get the contract that it wont work either. I got it as a bundle with a newer ps4 ironically to have the same result, and now a £30 a month bill I no longer want. Why can't a l1 support this when any Android could before with the spoof ps4 remote play apk? 

Harrisswarman
Visitor

Worse spec devices like a galazy ace could supoort it so there is no reason why these can't compensate for it in a script . 

profile.country.ES.title
javier68
Explorer

Yes. I think that a 5G wifi band should be enough to play remote, video and data included.