Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Companion

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Sony Xperia Companion

When I try to backup my phone to Google I get the attached error message.

Phone Backup error..jpg

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I have tried backing up my phone to my computer with Sony Xperia companion but get the enclosed screen messages. I restarted my phone but still get error messages.

Phone Backup Communication failed screenshot..jpgPhone Backup error screenshot.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Can you try to transfer the data to the computer without using Xperia Companion until you reset the device?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

How do I do this?.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Try these steps and check:

To back up files to your computer

1. ​Unlock the screen of the phone and connect it to a computer with a USB cable.
  2. On your phone: if prompted to Allow access, tap Allow.
  3. On your phone: drag down the status bar, then tap Android system next to (USB icon) > Tap for more options > File transfer. This will allow the computer to detect your phone. 
  4. On your computer: open File Explorer and find and select which files to back up from your phone. 
  5. On your computer: copy/paste or drag and drop the files to a location on your computer. 
profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I've done this but still can't sign into my google account from Sony Xperia companion or from my phone to backup files to my google account. I still get the same error message as above.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yeah, that's why you need to perform factory data reset to solve the issue with the Google account on your device.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I can't connect to my google account on my device even after performing a factory restore.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Do you still get the same error message after the factory data reset?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Yes I do.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Can you try the exact instructions in this link to perform software repair without asking you about the Google account thing?

https://bit.ly/3whYBZ8