Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia L and I cannot switch it on

SOLVED
zdo_vision
Visitor

Sony Xperia L and I cannot switch it on

Hello,

I bought today a Sony Xperia L and I cannot switch it on (unfortunately when I bought it I didn't ask the dealer to test it with my SIM card). The phone was brand new and it came in a sealed box.

At home, I opened the box, I installed the battery, but when I pushed the power button the phone didn't react. I thought maybe the battery is completely discharged and I plugged it in. After half an hour I tried again to switch on the phone, but still nothing. This happened 6-7 hours ago. Since then, I let the phone connected to the socket.

When connected to the socket, the green LED is pulsing (is the battery full?), but the phone is still dead.

I also tried to connect to phone to my computer, the computer detects it only for a moment (i can hear the sound, but i cannot see the drive).

Am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

Sounds like there might be something wrong with it. I would recommend that you return it to the retailer and see if they can replace it for you.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samuel1
Hero

Sounds like there might be something wrong with it. I would recommend that you return it to the retailer and see if they can replace it for you.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

zdo_vision
Visitor

Thanks for the advice.

I did it this morning and hopefully I'll get a new one next week.

Samuel1
Hero

Sounds good. I understand you're disappointed, it's always sad when new things break!