Join now - be part of our community!

32EX500 Ethernet cable length?

profile.country.es_ES.title
CKAJCA
Visitor

32EX500 Ethernet cable length?

Does anyone know the max Ethernet cable length that can be used when connnecting from the TV to the Router. I have a 20 metre Cat 5 cable that only connects intermittently but when I use a very short cable I do not have any problems.

Regards Colin

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
DougWeymouth
Visitor

If you Google the question you will find answers that say 'it is OK' up to 100mtrs. Also suppliers will supply up to that length. Possibly check that it is not damaged, and apparently it should go as straight as poss from source.

profile.country.es_ES.title
CKAJCA
Visitor

I did Google and as you rightly say it should be OK for 100 metres. I am starting to think that the cable might be defective in some way. The only other possibility is that the signal strength from the television is just not man enough for long cable lengths!

profile.country.en_GB.title
briansg
Visitor

I am using a 14 metre ethernet cable with an EX403 without problems. Apart from the problems of a faulty internal connection to one of the ethernet cable plugs, is there any chance that you are trying to use a crossover cable in error?   Does your long cable work for other tasks (eg connecting a PC to router)?  If not, you probably have your answer.