Join now - be part of our community!

32ex720 - Questions

SOLVED
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
MK4848
Visitor

32ex720 - Questions

Hi,

may I use this Forum & Discussions to get some complementary knowledge of specifics of the Bravia 32ex720, as I have not found a forum of Sony in my native language? Will you answer in a simple English, please.

Will anybody answer these questions:

1) Does the 32ex720 have the headphone output with a separate volume handling (or an analogue audio output usable for the headphones), so that the headphones could sound strong independently of the volume of the built-in speakers which should at the same time sound weak?

2) Concerning the PIP function: which all the input interfaces (connectors like HDMI, SCART, LAN and so on) can be used to display a signal in the full window and which to display in the inset window?

3) When or how often is it necessary or advisable to upgrade the TV set´s software and which interfaces is it feasable through? Is it possible to go back on the previous software edition in case of any troubles?

4) Is there a way how to "upgrade" for DVB-T2 except for buing a set-top-box?

Will you let know whether you are an experienced user or one of the Sony technical staff, please.

Thanks and best regards,

MK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Renzoellul
New

Hi

I have the 40 inch model but the main features remain the same. I'll try to asnwer you based on the knowledge i have on the unit whilst using it.

1) Does the 32ex720 have the headphone output with a separate volume handling (or an analogue audio output usable for the headphones), so that the headphones could sound strong independently of the volume of the built-in speakers which should at the same time sound weak?

There is a separate jack to attach the headphones. From the menu uou can select the audio volume however I never needed to use this option

2) Concerning the PIP function: which all the input interfaces (connectors like HDMI, SCART, LAN and so on) can be used to display a signal in the full window and which to display in the inset window?

All the inputs could be used for the PIP option TV, any of the HDMI AV etc. Usually the feed you are using is used full screen and the other window can have any of the other inputs

3) When or how often is it necessary or advisable to upgrade the TV set´s software and which interfaces is it feasable through? Is it possible to go back on the previous software edition in case of any troubles?

I have my TV connected via lan so updates are done automatically. I never experienced any trouble since buying the TV a few months ago and went through 4-5 updates. I do not know if rolling back is possible. You can update the tv's firmware via USB, but you need to have the previous version, however i do not know if this is possible

I have no idea...

I hope this can help

regards

Lawrence

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Renzoellul
New

Hi

I have the 40 inch model but the main features remain the same. I'll try to asnwer you based on the knowledge i have on the unit whilst using it.

There is a separate jack to attach the headphones. From the menu uou can select the audio volume however I never needed to use this option

All the inputs could be used for the PIP option TV, any of the HDMI AV etc. Usually the feed you are using is used full screen and the other window can have any of the other inputs

I have my TV connected via lan so updates are done automatically. I never experienced any trouble since buying the TV a few months ago and went through 4-5 updates. I do not know if rolling back is possible. You can update the tv's firmware via USB, but you need to have the previous version, however i do not know if this is possible

I have no idea...

I hope this can help

regards

Lawrence

Catmambo
Contributor

Lawrence has done a great job in answering. Just to confirm you can't rollback firmware, but updates are put through extensive field testing so highly unlikely there would be any issue.

Secondly, it's impossible to upgrade to DVB-T2 post purchase as the tuner is not user upgradable.

Thanks

Renzoellul
New

Hi I cannot give you any feedback re Scart interface as i do not use it however i suppose it will not be a problem. One limitation which i found yesterday is that you cannot have PIP or P&P with 2 HDMI inputs. However it works well if u have the DVB and HDMI

regards

Lawrence

MK4848
Visitor

Hi,

thanks Lawrence and Catmambo for you answers. It´s promissing to read that there are no problems about this model as well as the PIP has a broad usability.

But maybe that I should have put my question more precisely: whether especially the SCART interface,  in the CVBS or RGB regimes, can be used for PIP. Could someone confirm or disconfirm this, please? It is to be sure my old father will or won´t get rid of old devices he is accustomed to, just to explain.

I understand the tuner is not user upgradable, but is it "service" agradable? I mean by adding or exchanging an inside board or something like that. I was told some TV sets enable that. The ex723 and the likes are not available here and the changeover to DVB-T2 is expected within incoming years.

One more question appeared of which I cannot find the answer in the specs. Is there a power switch "zero consumption"?

If somebody more who has used the options concerned or is experienced in what I ask questions about visits this site he is welcome to join this discussion.

Thanks and Regards

MK

MK4848
Visitor

Thank you anyway.

MK

MK4848
Visitor

Hi,

Just to inform those interested. The SCART in RGB regime can be used as an input to the PIP and PAP functions. I have recently verified that in practice (DBV-T and SCART in either windows).

Regards

MK