Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting a KDL-46EX524 to a DAV-DV280

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mark-Benji
Visitor

Connecting a KDL-46EX524 to a DAV-DV280

Hi,

i have just recieved a KDL-46EX524 as a replacement for a faulty TV. In place already i have a home cinema Sony system - DAV-DV280. Connections seem straight forward. So TV HDMI 1 into the HDMI out in the home cinema System (the only HDMI port so can't go wrong there!). Also i have connected the scart form the TV to the DAV.

However all i get from the home cinema system is 'white' noise. The Bravia synch works fine, the TV recognises the cinema system so all seems fine apart from the most important part - being watching Sky on the TV with the sound comming out of the cinema system. Any advice much appriciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the DAV is limited in its capability as a home cinema system as theres no audio inputs, the most you can expect is dolby digital from dvd,s, only video regular or upscaled is possible to your tv via HDMI out, the scart connection is not needed so take it off, and since you have no audio inputs you cannot connect the sky box to it for sound

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the DAV is limited in its capability as a home cinema system as theres no audio inputs, the most you can expect is dolby digital from dvd,s, only video regular or upscaled is possible to your tv via HDMI out, the scart connection is not needed so take it off, and since you have no audio inputs you cannot connect the sky box to it for sound

mark-Benji
Visitor

Thanks - i suspected as much. i guess i had better chose a new system.