Join now - be part of our community!

Serviio question for Sony

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Serviio question for Sony

Hi,

since Sony are so keen to recommend the Serviio media server to everyone my question is why is it that Samsung, LG, and Panasonic are the only ones to date to support srt (subtitles)!, surely for something that comes so highly recommended by Sony should it not come as a complete package.

we all know this question has been raised before and has been put to the CIC staff, perhaps they think if they ignore it , it will go away!

13 REPLIES 13
Bravia55HX

I knew this question would start slipping to the bottom of the pile an expected nothing else!

24 hours in and not a murmer, not even from those that requested it.

-Cass-
Explorer

Thank you for posting on the Sony Forum.

In an effort to give a quick and correct answer to your question, one of the forums experts has escalated your post to our Technical Support team, who will provide them with the information required as quickly as possible.

You can expect one of the forum experts to get back to you with the answer very soon.

Best regards

The Sony Massive

Bravia55HX

Hi Cass

thank you for finding the time, very much apprieciated and we await the response,

thanks again.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi -  Are you talking about the devices supporting subtitles or Serviio supporting subtitles? Its not clear from the question.

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi Catmambo,

its clear enough for me!! i was talking about Serviio media server.

Bravia55HX

Catmambo
Contributor

We have no control over the level of functionality in 3rd party software. I and a few of my colleagues simply recommend it as its a great bit of free software which makes sharing of content extremely easy with plenty of Sony devices and doesn't require a large amount of technical knowledge to get it working.

Maybe your question is better posed on the Serviio forums as I know they have a few guys who work on the Sony profiles there, but its not something that anyone here would be able to answer as the software isn't written by us..

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Well here's the thing, Serviio says it supports delivering .srt, then it goes on to say devices that currently support this feature using the appropriate profile (then a list of manufacturers) except Sony of coarse!

that suggests to me its Sony without the appropiate profile thats the problem not Serviio.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello all,

let us speak in a frankly way including me.

Everybody knows that Sony is not Supporting any Subtitle files . SRT or others.

Even with using Serviio, Sony not read the subtitle

The problem is clearly located with Sony , not with Serviio or the customers.

I had posted many times about Sony  incompatible with all subtitle files under the topic of "Future bravia feature" . So the matter have been raised up by Bravia55HX923 , many other customers, and me many time and i think it is clear.

Yes i believe in Serviio Staff words, when they said Sony profile have a problem. Serviio Staff deal with many brand names so they are trusted.

Let us talk more frankly , Sony concerned departement have to deal with the customers voices Seriously about the subtitle problem. Because majority of customers affected by the problem (whose thier mother lang. is not english). As we know most of films produced with english audio.

The question can be direct as : -  When we will get the problem solved??? or we have to drop it as a hopeless case ??

If there is a single reasonable reason restrict Sony to do the countermeasure then kindly let us know.

Have nice days ALL

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520