Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube account "A network error occurred" issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
begilla21
Visitor

Youtube account "A network error occurred" issue

I logged in successfully to my youtube account the other day, and was able to watch my favourites and playlists.

Now when I go to youtube, I can see I am logged in (details saved from the original login), but when I try to view playlists or favourites, I get an error message "A network error has occurred".

I am able to search youtube, and all other internet content is available, I am just not able to access my youtube account.

My model is KDL37EX403U

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Catmambo
Contributor

Might be temporary, otherwise maybe just try resettng the online services?

Make sure you have the latest firmware as well - you can check via the support page on this site.

cheers

profile.country.bg_BG.title
ElNinoSonyBG
Visitor

My TV is KDL40EX520 and I can't log in in most sites ( google, youtube, picasa, e.t. ). Any ideas to solve the problem?

begilla21
Visitor

Thank you Catmambo.

I have ensured that my firmware is up to date, and that all online content has been refreshed, but the problem continues.

It seems after I log in to my youtube account, I can access playlists and so on without a problem.

For a few days I will be able to continue using youtube without a problem.

Then, for no reason that I can fathom, after a few days if I go to play a playlist - I get the error message as above and cannot access anything within my youtube account.

It is solved by logging out and logging back in to youtube, but this is a bit of a pain. 

kjzsfhd
New

I have the same problem. One day I'll be accessing you tube just fine, and the next I'll just get "a network error has occurred" when trying to access my account. I get offered the options "Retry" and "Cancel". Very occasionally, retry will work once (and then the next time I try I'll get the error and it will not work), but nearly all of the time it wont. When Retry doesn't work the same error message just reappears, so that the only real option is Cancel, which takes me back to the main page. It shows that I am still logged in, even though I have no access to my account. The only way of stopping the error message is to log out and go through the slow and tedious process of logging in again (username and password entry is a pain via the remote - especially if you use a reasonably strong password.)

My firmware is up to date. I have a KDL-40NX703.

This error has existed since I purchased the TV 9 months ago and it reoccurs approximately once per week. (So, doing the maths, I have already had to redo the log in approx 36 times already because of this issue.) I suspect that it could be something like a cookie problem: A cookie which expires after approx 1 week is probably being used with the intention that I am automaticaly logged out if I don't use the service for a week. This cookie should probably be being reset everytime I use the service but it is not, causing my session to continually expire even if I use the service. Whatever the cause it would be good if it could be fixed because it is a pain.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: kjzsfhd

Message was edited by: kjzsfhd (to include the model of TV that I have.)

profile.country.fr_FR.title
doudou.gentil
Visitor

hi all

i've solved the pb going on youtube website ... you must modify your playlists putting them public

before (when video was private) the error message appear ... since i've modify it that's working good...

hope it will help ...

(excuse my english i'm french)

profile.country.sv_SE.title
thtrnbl
Visitor

I have the same problem, and I have been working with Sony support for many months, and they are unable to reproduce the problem.

I will direct them at this discussion to show them that I am not alone.

What is surprising is that I have a BDP-S370 Bluray player, and the YouTube client in that has no problems. I get an occasional failure to login, but I just retry, and after a few tries it works, while on the KDL-46EX503 I have to do a full login, username/password, to get it working again.

If you have problems, then do a full login and it will likely work.

It appears that the TV stores some kind of state that times out in the server end.

I have snooped on the traffic between the TV and the server, which btw is a Sony server initially, and theTV sends a request like:

"GET /feeds/api/users/default/favorites/?client=ytapi-sony-bravia&format=3&max-results=20&orderby=relevance&start-index=1&v=2 HTTP/1.1"

and it gets a response:

"Token expired"

I have sent this snoop to Sony, but not heard any comments on that.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
thtrnbl
Visitor

Just received a response from Sony that they can't find anything wrong, and that they can't help me any more. :angry:

I suggest you submit service requests for this issue, so that we can get some proper attention.

I guess I will have to think really careful before buying or recommending a Sony product in the future.

Boz_kurt
Visitor

Siny is the lier. They sold us the tv which was supposed to have youtube feature. But it is not working. Never buy sony again. Liers liers, stealing our money.