Join now - be part of our community!

Brand new Windows 8 VAIO SVT1511C5E WiFi Drops connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
Radaghast
Visitor

Brand new Windows 8 VAIO SVT1511C5E WiFi Drops connection

I have followed the tips on not allowing the computer to turnoff the WiFi adaptor, power settings, BUT the connection to my router just randomly drops! as I have other computers connected that don't drop connection I know it MUST be something on the new laptop / windows 8!

This is very annoying especially whenI'm inthe middle of a Skype call to a business meeting!

Does anyone have the real solution to this please?

Thanks

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13

I ment UPnP (universal plug & play), sorry
dafernixz
New

Sony Vaio SVF1521RIW  (Christmas present) worked fine for 10 weeks and then suddnely wifi dropped.  Turned off powersave as suggested and got connection for 2 days, now dead.   Cannot even get connected via ethernet, yet other devices (various Macs of different vintages from where I am I writing this) still connect fine.  Curious as what the "solution" is, given that nothing has changed in the set up and am seriously thinking of returning the laptop.

anhosan47
New

HI. MANY THANKS FOR THE ADVICE AS IT HAS INDEED FIXED MY CONNECTION PROBLEMS. I INITIALLY THOUGHT IT WAS MY ROUTER AND MADE SEVERAL COMPLAINTS TO VIRGIN BUT THEY COULD NOT HELP AS THEY INSISTED THERE WAS NO FAULT WITH THE ROUTER OR INTERNET. I HAVE NOW UNINSTALLED MCAFEE COMPLETELY AS I USE AVIRA. AND AM GLAD TO SAY THAT THE CONNECTION HAS NOT DROPPED EVEN ONCE IN THE LAST 24 HOURS COMPARED TO EVERY 5-10 MINS BEFORE.

MANY THANKS

I too had a new Sony Vaio, wifi kept dropping, all other connected devices were fine and after 3 months and numerous contacts with Sony technical and an acknowledgement that there was an inherent problem with the model, they offered me a wifi dongle as a solution with no guidance on when a permanent solution would be found!

I refused the offer, they were unable to replace the laptop as they are no longer making laptops, and I have eventually been given a full refund but no compensation for all the hassles involved in ownership!

It seems that Sony are of the opinion that I should have been satisfied with the offer of a dongle! 

Makes you better appreciate the difficulties that Sony are currently having if they think that customers would be happy with a wifi carbuncle as a solution to a technical problem that they are fully aware off